From time to time I contact publishers, telling them about the Little Free Library and asking if they would consider donating a few books. In October, we received donations from Fircone Books, and this month Wordsworth Editions very generously donated a box of 20 books. Wordsworth Editions specialise in publishing new editions of classics, and the books they sent us included new copies of the following:
- Anna Karenina – Leo Tolstoy
- Tess of the d’Ubervilles – Thomas Hardy
- The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Frankenstein – Mary Shelley
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
- Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde – R L Stevenson
- The Picture of Dorian Gray – Oscar Wilde
They also very kindly sent some children’s classics:
- Peter Pan – J M Barrie
- Alice in Wonderland – Lewis Carroll
- The Secret Garden – Frances Hodgson Burnett
- The Little Prince – Antoine De Saint-Exupery
- The Railway Children – E Nesbit
All the books that we usually provide in the Little Free Library are used books, donated by members of our community, so it is wonderful to occasionally offer new books, thanks to the generosity of publishers like Wordsworth Editions. These new books will be going into the Little Free Library at the beginning of May, allowing plenty of time for me to spread the word in the community via our village magazine, Facebook page, Twitter account and this blog!
Many thanks once again to Wordsworth Editions, for their generous donation of these beautiful classics.